Fixed Rate Bond Maturity (For accounts opened before March 2022)
Fixed Rate Bonds opened before March 2022 work slightly differently. It’s important that you check what date you applied for your account to check what type of account you hold.
Please see our Fixed Rate Bond Conditions (for Bond accounts opened before March 2022) for more details.
Summary Box and Key Product Information
What is the interest rate?
You will receive the loyalty rate upon maturity of your Fixed Rate Bond.
Loyalty rates are now only available for maturing bonds and will no longer apply on newly opened Bond accounts.
Interest is calculated daily on the cleared balance in your account.
Interest is paid annually through the course of the Fixed Rate Bond term, on the anniversary of account opening (or the next working day) and will be paid out into your nominated account.
On maturity of the Fixed Rate Bond, please inform us if you would like the final year's interest to be paid into the new Fixed Rate Bond.
Can Cynergy Bank change the interest rate?
- No. The interest rate is fixed for the term of the Fixed Rate Bond.
What would the estimated balance be at maturity based on a £10,000 deposit?
|Term||Loyalty Rate Gross|
The estimated balances are based on £10,000 being deposited into your account on the first day of your account opening. They are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account a customer’s individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?
- Personal customers who are 18 or over and a UK resident can renew a Fixed Rate Bond online.
- The minimum initial deposit is £10,000.
- The maximum deposit is £1 million (or higher at our discretion, please contact us).
- If you change your mind, you have 14 days from the date your Fixed Rate Bond is renewed in which to cancel it. Within these 14 days you do not need to provide any reason for cancellation, just give notice by phone, Online Banking Secure Message or post and we will return the full balance plus any accrued interest to you. Cancellation requests cannot be accepted by email.
- For added security, when you use Online Banking, you’ll need to download and register our Authenticator App (available for free on Google Play or the Apple App Store) or request a Digipass® from the Customer Services team.
- You will need access to the Authenticator App or Digipass® every time you login and make any actions on your account. This added security step helps us know that it is you making the transaction so we can keep your account safe. For more information about Authentication and guidance help, please see our guidance pages here.
Can I withdraw money?
- No. Withdrawals are not permitted before the end of the term, unless in exceptional circumstances. Please see our Fixed Rate Bond Conditions (for Bond accounts opened before March 2022) for more details.
- You cannot transfer or assign the Fixed Rate Bond to anyone else.
- Interest will be paid without the deduction of tax. Individuals may have tax to pay on any interest received that exceeds their Personal Savings Allowance. Further information on the Personal Savings Allowance can be found at www.gov.uk.
- The tax treatment and the rate of interest payable depend on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
- AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year. Gross interest is the contractual rate of interest before the deduction of income tax.
The contents of this Summary Box are intended as a summary of the main features only and should be read alongside the relevant conditions. Please note the summary above applies to Fixed Rate Bonds opened before March 2022.