Cynergy Bank’s response to fraud scams is to review each incident on a case by case basis whereby all factors are considered to ensure that customers who are victims of fraud are treated fairly. In most cases, where the customer is identified as being vulnerable, this may result in some level of compensation being paid to the victim without delay.
Following a thorough fraud investigation, where it is found that there is zero/limited customer negligence, the Bank will compensate the customer without delay. Where customer negligence is clearly evidenced, compensation may not be as forthcoming.
Online fraud scam protection - Do's and Don'ts
- Contact the Bank immediately if you find transactions on your account that you don’t recognise.
- Always go to websites by typing the address of URL into the browser yourself.
- Use Security software and keep it up to date.
- Use strong passwords and a password manager to safely store logins.
- Report anything suspicious to the Bank.
- Enter personal information in to sites you’re not sure are genuine.
- Download forms or other attachments from unsolicited emails.
- Feel pressured in to responding to alarmist phone calls, emails or pop-ups about security problems or fines.
- Allow remote access to your device by unknown individuals.
- Click on anything in a pop-up that you suspect could be a scam.
Reporting online fraud
If you suspect that you have been the victim of any kind of fraud or you notice any suspicious transactions on your Cynergy Bank account(s), please do the following immediately:
- During normal business hours, contact Customer Service
- Outside normal business hours:
- Send us a Secure Message through Online Banking with ‘Potential Fraud’ as the subject heading taken from the drop-down list; or
- Text “FRAUD” followed by your User ID (e.g. FRAUD 12345678) to 87293. The message must be sent from the main mobile number associated with your account.
Following submission, we will immediately suspend your access to Online Banking and investigate your concern on the next working day.
In the case of joint accounts, the other user(s) will still have Online Banking Access. However, if there is any reason to believe their log in details could have been compromised, they should immediately report the potential fraud, as above.
If your debit card has been lost or stolen or if you are concerned about potential fraudulent transactions on your debit card please contact Customer Service on *0345 850 5555 or +44 (0)20 3375 6422 (from outside the UK). Our Customer Service lines are open from 8.00am to 8.00pm weekdays and 9.00am to 5.00pm on weekends and bank holidays.*Calls may be recorded for monitoring and training.