Worried about fraud?
If you suspect that you have been the victim of any kind of fraud or you notice any suspicious transactions on your Cynergy Bank account(s), please do the following:
- During normal business hours, contact Customer Service
- Outside normal business hours:
- Send us a Secure Message through Online Banking with ‘Potential Fraud’ as the subject; or
- Text “FRAUD” followed by your User ID (e.g. FRAUD 12345678) to 87293. The message must be sent from the main mobile number associated with your account.
For your security, upon submission we will immediately suspend your access to Online Banking and will begin investigating your concern on the next working day.
If you have a joint account, the other user(s) will still have Online Banking access to the account. If there is reason to believe their log in details could have been compromised, please ask them to report the potential fraud as well.
If your debit card has been lost or stolen or if you are concerned about potential fraud on your debit card please contact Customer Service.
- Log in as usual
- Go to the ‘Account services’ tab
- Select ‘Stop a cheque’
If you receive a suspicious email that claims to be from us, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve done this, please delete the email from your computer. There is no need to call us unless you have disclosed your personal details or suffered fraud.
If you have responded to the email, or you suspect that any of your accounts have been accessed online by someone other than yourself, please contact Customer Service.
Contacting Action Fraud
Once you have contacted us to report a fraud, you can also report the matter to Action Fraud, the UK’s national fraud reporting centre. Action Fraud is a service run by the City of London Police working alongside the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB).
You can report fraud to Action Fraud by:
- Phone on 0300 123 2040 (if calling from within the UK)
- Online via Action Fraud's website, using their fraud reporting tool.