Personal Current Account in Euros
Our Personal Current Account in Euros, gives you everything you need to manage your money, quickly and simply. It’s available to UK residents only.
A quarterly account maintenance fee is charged – please read the Personal Current Account Fee Information Document in Euros effective from 1 October 2020.
- A Personal Current Account in euros is a convenient way of managing your money if you have income or expenses in euros. It’s particularly suitable if you work, travel regularly or own a holiday home within any of the Eurozone countries.
- Euro debit card – helps eliminate the risk of currency exchange fluctuations from your euro payments.
- Manage your account any time of the day or night via your computer or an internet-enabled mobile phone* via our Online Banking service.
- Receive your balance by text for free, on demand or weekly.
- Transfer money instantly between your Cynergy Bank accounts and/or to other Cynergy Bank customers.
- View your statements 24 hours a day and download and print them at your convenience.
- SEPA Credit Transfers (SCT) facility for quicker, cheaper payments within the Eurozone.
- We have a number of measures to ensure banking online with Cynergy Bank is safe and efficient. Read our Security section and download for free IBM Security Trusteer Rapport software.
- Most eligible deposits are protected up to £85,000 by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Please read before applying or Apply Online. Effective from 1 May 2021.
Published by the European Commission. Details on PSD2, security in your payments and your benefits and rights as a consumer.
You can apply for a Personal Current Account in euros if you are:
- A UK resident and are 18 years of age or over.
Please read the documents below before you apply:
1. By submitting an online application, each applicant agrees for us to make enquiries at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We reserve the right to refuse an application based on the result of these enquiries.
2. You’ll need to provide an acceptable form of identification, either:
a. Original passport
b. Original photocard driving licence
Or a copy of either of the above documents certified as a true copy of the original by your current UK bankers, a solicitor or accountant.
Please send your certified form of identification to the address below, making sure that you quote your name and application reference number on any copy documents you send in
PO Box 17484
We will not be able to proceed with your application if you do not meet these requirements within 14 days of submitting your online application.
Please click here for important information about overdrafts and bank charges.
* Your mobile phone service provider may charge you for text messages and internet browsing. If you are not sure please check with them.