New customers who would like to apply for a Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) loan should click the apply button below and fully complete the application form.
- Before you submit detailed information, the start of the application will ensure that you are eligible to apply for a RLS loan.
- You will then be guided through the application process to provide the detailed information to complete the application, e.g. background information on the company, director and shareholder details, historic, current and future financial information, etc.
- If you are not able to complete the application at your first attempt, you can save your progress and complete the application later.
We are currently offering term loan and overdraft facilities from £1m through the scheme.
Information required before starting your application
To ensure you can complete your application, please have the following information to hand:
- One of the following photo identification documents:
- a valid passport
- a valid photocard driving licence issued by an EU state
- a national identity card (for the European Economic area or Swiss Nationals only)
You will also be required to take a picture of yourself for face verification of your photo identification document. You can switch to a smartphone during the application to take and upload your picture if your computer does not have a camera.
You can use an image already stored on your smartphone or computer or take a picture of the document and upload it.
- One of the following address verification documents:
- A utility bill dated within the last 6 months
- A UK or EU bank statement dated within the last six months.
You can upload a scanned copy, downloaded version or a photograph of your verification document. PO box addresses and mobile phone bills are not acceptable address identification documents.
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
Please note that we are a secured lender with such security typically being formed of freehold or long leasehold (75+ years unexpired) property owned by the business or its owners although it cannot be a Principal Private Residence.
What happens after I apply
In most cases we will respond to applications within one working day. However, due to high volumes of applications it may take slightly longer. We understand that many of you will want to talk to us during these uncertain times and we would like to thank you for your patience.
The Recovery Loan Scheme is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. British Business Bank plc is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA. Visit http://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/recovery-loan-scheme