We have a number of ways to help you make and receive payments quickly, efficiently and securely – in the UK or internationally.
- CHAPS (Clearing House Automated Payments System) – guaranteed payments are transferred between UK banks on the same day.
- Faster Payments Service (FPS) – a new system which speeds up the way electronic payments are made and received in the UK. As a business customer, you can make almost real time payments (usually within two hours but often within seconds) to or from your account via Online Banking using this service.
Payments in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
SEPA Credit Transfer (SCT) – allows you to make payments easily and inexpensively to any other Single Euro Payment Area country.
You can make SEPA Credit Transfers through Online Banking from the following accounts:
• Business Current Accounts
• Client Accounts
• Personal Current Accounts of business customers
• Personal Current Account
How to make a SEPA Credit Transfer
To make a SEPA Credit Transfer, simply select the ‘SEPA Credit Transfer’ drop down option from the ‘Payments’ section on Online Banking.
How to receive a SEPA Credit Transfer
If you wish to receive payments in Euros, you should ensure that you give the remitter your International Bank Account Number (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Code (BIC), as they are mandatory for SEPA payments. This information should be included on any invoices that you issue. You can find your IBAN and BIC on your statement or the ‘Account details’ screen on Online Banking.
Countries included in the Single Euro Payment Area
The SEPA Community consists of the 27 countries of the European Union:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
As well as:
Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland
SEPA relates to Euro payments only. Payments in other currencies in and outside of the SEPA community are unaffected.
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) – a high-speed secure international payment system to make payments or receive funds anywhere in the world.
For more information on our range of payment services, call your Business Relationship Manager, or call Customer Service.