Security for Online Banking is being enhanced
We’ve enhanced our online security in line with the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2), which has enhanced the security of online transactions to help protect you and your money and reduce fraud. These changes are referred to as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and mean you need to authenticate your access every time you log in to Online Banking and sometimes when you are processing transactions, so we know it’s actually you.
Want to know more about Strong Customer Authentication and what Authentication means for you?
Please see our FAQ’s for more information here.
Having issues registering your device or authenticating an action? Please see our troubleshooting tips and FAQ’s at the bottom of this page.
Our Authentication Devices
We offer two different ways for you to authenticate your access to Online Banking, which both provide the same extra security when you’re accessing your account. If you have access to a smartphone, we would recommend you use the Authenticator App. The technology behind the App means it can offer a few more features which we think will make your experience easier. Please see below to see the full list of features of each device.
|Security to protect your Online Banking||✔||✔|
|Use device across all of your accounts||✔||✔|
|Works on your existing smartphone||✔|
|Works without a smartphone||✔|
|Simplified registration journey||✔|
|Biometric access* (facial recognition and fingerprint access)||✔|
|Login and authenticate your actions using one device||✔|
*Subject to device functionality.
See below for more information about each device and follow the links for guides on how to register and authenticate your actions.
Cynergy Bank Authenticator App
Have you got a smartphone and have access to another device to register?
Our Authenticator App which is available for both Android and Apple devices, is the easiest way to authenticate your actions on your Online Banking on the go.
You will need another device to log in to Online Banking when you register. After registration, you will be able to use the same registered device to log in and authenticate your transactions.
See our guides to registering and using the Cynergy Bank Authenticator App here.
Cynergy Bank Digipass®
Not got access to a smartphone? There is also the option of using a Digipass®.
If you don’t have a smartphone or tablet, you will need the new, upgraded version of our Digipass®. It’s a small device, about the size of a large matchbox, that you can use instead of our App to authenticate when using Online Banking.
You will need to get in touch with us to request a Digipass® which can be done by calling our Customer Service number below.
Once you have received the Digipass®, follow our guide to registering your Digipass® here.
If you’re having difficulty with registering or authenticating an action, check through our key troubleshooting tips below before you attempt the action again:
- If your device is telling you to try the action again: Check your internet connection is strong enough and try moving to another room or waiting a few minutes before attempting the transaction again.
- If you’re having issues downloading the App: Check your device is compatible (any smartphone or tablet that uses operating systems iOS 8.0 onwards or Android 4.1 onwards are compatible)
- If you're having issues with the authenticator on your device: have you upgraded/changed your device recently? If so then you'll need to reset your app and then register your new device. Details on how to do this are included in the Authenticator App FAQs.
- If you’re having issues with scanning the Authentication code: Check your device has got permission to access the camera. Go to your settings and ensure that the camera permissions are 'ON' for the Cynergy Bank Authenticator App
- If you’re having issues logging in using the App: Is the device you are using only being used by you? You cannot share your device with others to access Online Banking so make sure you are the only one who has registered the App to your device.
- If you’re having issues with authenticating and logging in on the same device: Check your device on Private Browsing or Incognito mode. You can change this on your browser settings and ensure this is not selected.
- If you’re having general issues with the App: Check that you’re using latest App software – Go to your App settings and check that you are using the latest version of the Cynergy Bank Authenticator App.
- If you’ve forgotten your PIN: Use the Authenticator App / Digipass® reset link on your Online Banking log in screen and follow the instructions to reset your device. You can then re-register your device to create a new memorable PIN.